1959

1959

Mr Charles T. Darling and his wife, Joan Gibson-Craig-Carmichael, founded Craighouse School. It began as a bilingual boys’ school in a rented house at La Concepción 236 with a roll of 58 pupils, a quarter of whom were boarders. The name of the school stems from Mrs Darling’s surname Craig, to which the word ‘house’ was added to reflect its family-oriented ethos.